Total Pageviews

Monday, July 9, 2012

Not By Might, Not By Power But By His Spirit

One soul is worth it all. And if we hit the streets just so one life can be transformed by the Lord Jesus Christ, then it's worth it. However, I know I want more than one. I want them all to be transformed, to be freed from the chains that bind them, to live a life in abundance. I want more than one. And Ephesians 3:20 says that He is able to do immeasurably more than we ask or imagine, according to the power that is at work within us. And John 14:14 says that I may ask Him for anything in His name and He will do it. My God doesn't lie. I will ask and I expect to receive more than I have asked for. 


What seems impossible to man is not to my God. El Gibhor. Mighty God. With Him, all things are possible. More than one. I believe that they will return to their Father, all the prodigals, all their hearts will be turned back to their Father. We will keep building them in the Word, we will not stop, we will sow the Word and He will do the impossible. He is El Gibhor.


I met up with EM on Saturday. I pray that one day she will travel the world to share her testimony of how her God got her out of the muck and mire and placed her feet on His solid rock. She struggles, struggles to go to work because it takes her away from her children and there is no one for her to talk to there. Yet every time when she wakes up and doesn't feel like going and sees her two kids, and all she wants is to stay home and be with them, she decides to go because she recognizes that this is what will help her get ahead. The tears poured down her cheeks as she shared this. She gets calls from the other women on the street asking her to go and join them. Yet, she keeps holding onto the Word of God and praying for strength to be able to go to her regular work every day. She has rejected the other women's invitation to go back to the streets to work even though she hasn't any money as she hasn't completed her month of employment yet and hasn't been paid. I asked her how she has been feeding her kids if she hadn't any money and she said, "Funny how when I don't go to the streets, the money comes somehow. My mom decided to give me money as she said I had been the one supporting her before, so now, she will help me out." Another time she decided against going to the streets to work and her kids' godparent showed up to visit and took them all out to eat. 


I told her that's how God is. He's in the business of providing for His kids. When we walk right with Him, the blessings come. 


On the other hand, with JM, God keeps reminding me that it's not by might, not by power but by His spirit that levels mountains into plains. JM has been working as a motortaxi driver, driving his family's motortaxi with their permission. The unfortunate thing is that he has been in contact with his old friends through working the motortaxi route and he's sinking back into his old lifestyle. He's in denial, trying to convince all that he is in control. We can only pray and trust God for him and keep being there for him, knowing that God loves him more than we do and that His Word doesn't return void. It's not easy watching JM sink, but he has to want to surrender completely to God because in his own strength, he won't be able to change his own life. 


The women in the prison are so hungry for the Word of God. What amazes me is that they don't even care about what I bring in for them, the cookies or the muffins and fruit. They have me sit down and then they just talk about and want me to talk about God. They can't wait to share about what God has been doing all week long, what they've learned, etc. I come out of there so encouraged and blessed by these women. 


Your continued prayers, support and encouragement are very much appreciated. EM, JM, the women in prison and the guys and women on the streets really need us to pray for them even if they don't realize it. Thank you so much for caring and standing alongside us.



No comments:

Post a Comment