Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

So, I Lied.....

So I lied. I had said in my previous blog post that it would be the last until we move to the DR. 

But. 

I can't just leave it hanging. So, here's another post. 

Siembra S.O.W. is now in the very capable hands of Carmen, one of our team members.  I am no longer the president legally as she now is. We will still keep Siembra S.O.W.'s Facebook page going and whatever she writes in Spanish, I will translate so that those who have been following Siembra since its formation will still be able to read about how it's going. Carmen has shown that she has a heart after the Father and a heart for the untouchables on the streets. Since she's agreed to take on the role of the president of this ministry, she has been going with gusto, taking over from where we left off, dealing with the new board members, the accountant, would-be volunteers, etc. I'm now in the middle of teaching her and another member from the ministry a course that I have just taken that uses the imagery of the butterfly along with a lot of the Word for setting women free. It's called Love UnVeiled.  

Having Carmen take over the reins of the ministry confirmed that God wants to keep it going. For a while, I wasn't sure if God wanted it to go on when we leave but He confirmed it in many ways and I'm glad that it will go on, that what started out as a very tiny seed will now keep growing to become a tree that will give shelter to many (Mark 4:31-32). That was the verse that God had given me as the verse for this ministry when I started it and it will one day come to pass. 

Our documents for our resident visa for the DR are all finally in, and so far, the DR Embassy hasn't sent us an email saying that something needs to be fixed, so it's all go and we're just waiting for them to let us know when it's approved. This is as much as I want to talk about the paperwork, it's just too much drama and angst....

Luis has been studying through a free online seminary since sometime last year and can dedicate more time to it now that we're not running around so much. When he's not studying, reading or washing the dishes (house rule; if one cooks, the other washes and since he prefers that I cook, he washes. :-)), he can be found watching all Star Trek re-runs. 

I've been using this time away from ministry to write and also to immerse myself in the blogging community, something I never had the time for before, nor knew existed to the extent that it exists. It's been a source of learning, encouragement, strength and even conviction for me to be able to read and communicate with others all around the world who walk out their faith in their daily lives, whatever that may look like and be real. Too bad I'm only 8 years late on finding it. 

This is where we are at right now, during this transition. Your prayers as always, are very much appreciated, as is any financial support for the short or long term. For those who have walked with us and will keep walking with us, a heartfelt thank you from the both of us. You have no idea how much every bit helps and how much we appreciate it. 

Please feel free to contact us through email, facebook inbox or comments on our blogs. We would appreciate hearing from you and keeping in contact as well as praying for you if you would like us to. 



Much love,

Adeline & Luis









write

No comments:

Post a Comment