Total Pageviews

Friday, February 4, 2011

Life, Love and Mercy

I have known all my Christian life that God is love. And it's been something I knew about but didn't realize that I knew nothing of until these last few days. It's not that I didn't know about love, or His love or how we're supposed to love each other and all that. But tonight, I realized that God has been teaching me about the many facets of who He is all these years, starting with Him as Saviour and friend who sticks closer than a brother and really learning those particular characters and personalities of the Lord. Then I learned about the part of God that is Protector and Provider, how He has protected me and still protects me and how He had provided for me and still does today considering that I am solely working for the Kingdom. 


Then I learned about Him being the Law. How He is Judge and Disciplinarian. I guess I didn't realize how much that affected and formed me while learning about that the last 5 years here. I remember being so shocked to find Christians here who actually loved. But at that time, I was too far gone to trust and to allow myself to be loved. And now, I realize that the last thing He wants me to learn about Himself and the one thing that will take me an entire lifetime to learn, is who He is in love and mercy. A friend told me, basically he was prophesying but didn't know it, that this season of my life is about me learning what and how God's love is all about and how deep it is and His mercy. He was bang on when he said that all this time I have been so bent on being in His will, being obedient to Him and serving Him that I never really let Him or others love me, never really believing or trusting that people actually do love me or cared about me and that I had essentially stopped trusting people. 


Tonight, while spending time with the Lord, the Lord confirmed what my friend had said. And that this is a season of really learning and experiencing God's love, because that is who He is. He is love and without it/Him, I am but a clanging cymbal. I taught today at the Centre about God's mercy and how much He loves us and I sensed that the Lord was speaking to me too, that this is a time for me to trust and to see and know the depth of His love not just for me but for others. That He chooses mercy over judgement and I realized that today in a few real life examples of how deep His love is for us. 


I think even as the ministry, Siembra S.O.W. will intensify, I am going to laugh and have fun and have a blast with life. For too long since I have been here in Peru, I have let the Law of the Word reign in my life through all around me. This is a season now of grace and mercy and the true depth of His love because Jesus came to give us life and life abundantly. And I choose to enjoy life to the fullest, to laugh and live and love as He teaches me. And I will not let anyone put yokes on me that Jesus already took off off my shoulders. 


Here's to life, to love and to mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment