Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 23, 2011

My Socks Got Blessed Right Off!


 Today has been a very eventful day. A few weeks ago Siembra S.O.W. was blessed with some money and I have felt to get furniture for the refuge house with it like bunkbeds, mattresses, tables, stove/oven and possibly couches to begin with. I priced the bunkbeds first and they were a decent price but I hummed and hawed, not sure if I should get them. Then this week, I was introduced to Mercado Libre which is Peru's answer to Craigslist and I found 2 sets of bunk beds listed for about 60 soles less for each of them than what I had seen and they were of better quality wood and a larger size. After asking the vendor a few questions, I bought them unable to believe that they were still available. He came today with his wife, set up the bunkbeds in the dark (there isn't a light fixture to screw in a lightbulb in that particular room yet) while I used my cell phone as a flashlight. Then it turned out that the bed slats were a separate price altogether but they had failed to mention that in their listing so when he found out I didn't know about that, he waived it. I ended up paying an incredibly good price for  beds of high quality wood with free installation and slats. The guy actually lost money on this transaction but he wanted to do it even though I asked him 3x if he was sure. God sure is blessing His ministry.


This is the picture of one of the bunkbed listing in Mercado Libre. This is not how the actual room is for the guys, it's not even the house. :-but it's the bed for sure!!!


Milagros and I went to Ciudad today with a friend of hers, Erika. The guys were in full workload. As we got off the bus, three guys beat up a guy to steal from him on the street. No one lifted a finger to help the victim and we didn't know the three guys who were doing the stealing. Oscar was there, but Oscar ignores us and only comes near us when he is hungry. he wasn't hungry tonight and wouldn't even look at Milagros when she talked to him. Carlos was there and we spoke to him and every time I tell him how much we care about him, he tears up, even though he was half high today. I told him that we'll keep trying to be in touch with him because as soon as the refuge house is ready, and he wants to get off the streets, he definitely has a place all ready for him. He teared up. Then gave us big hugs. Milagros and I will meet up with him on Thursday to take him out for lunch and to be able to speak with him personally and away from the streets. I can't wait. 


The girls were non responsive today, staying and talking only within their tight circle. Aside from Carlos, there were no other guys out tonight, probably all working in some form or other. We saw a guy drive by in his car and about four girls selling themselves got into his car. The look he gave them was so lecherous, it made my skin crawl. Erika was wide eyed to everything that she was seeing and learning about and I wonder what she thought about it all. I didn't have the time to ask her tonight as we left Ciudad late and I had to catch my bus to get home. 


Even though most of the time it seems like nothing's happening, God is working on the inside of people and even if all we rescue is Carlos, it's worth it all. Please keep praying for Carlos, Oscar, Luis Enrique and all of them. They need you to care, more than they know it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment