Total Pageviews

Friday, January 13, 2012

An Answered Prayer and New Revelations

I had been praying for a while to see Luis again. Luis, the kid who had accepted the Lord and who had known nothing about Him before. The kid who had had an argument with water and hadn't met with it for a long period of time as could be attested to how he had smelled and looked the first time we had met him. The kid whom Jorge had donated clothes to and whom we had celebrated his birthday by taking him out for lunch. The kid whom I thought was darker than he was. The kid who had told us that he had quit smoking terokal when we had met him for lunch. That Luis. Who disappeared after we saw him last and after I took a picture with him. So, I had been praying to see him again because I want to know how he is, if he had indeed left terokal or had fallen back into it. 






I didn't recognize him. Jorge thought it might have been him and it was only because there was a mole on his forehead that he took a chance by calling out his name. He turned around and I still couldn't recognize him. The Luis I had talked to before was really  dark. This kid had really light skin. But it was him. And he was pleased to see us and started telling us all that had happened to him since we saw him last. He had quit smoking terokal. He found a job working at a flour factory in San Luis. He was back with the mother of his 3 year old daughter. He was joyous and couldn't stop talking. He wanted us to meet his family to know them and I now have the cell phone number of his live in girlfriend, Stefany. He truly looked good. Clean, as could be seen in how drastically his skin had changed colour. I have some doubts about him being entirely clean from smoking terokal but I will believe him because the Lord will reveal what needs to be revealed in His time and for His glory. We agreed to meet this Sunday for church with his family. I will call to confirm with Stefany. You have no idea how glad I was to see him. It was a really good feeling. 


The time we had with the street women last night revealed that it is not in vain going out to them even though sometimes it feels like it is because with the women, there is a barrier which they keep up to prevent us from getting any closer. However, last night, one of the women, Paola, took me aside and started telling me what was bothering her and shared some things with me and I was able to go deeper with her than I had been able to before. And likewise with Karina who was talking to Jorge and then later to me. Last night I had a revelation about the street women. None of them want to receive the Lord in their lives even as a free gift because they know that He will convict them to leave the street and with it the money that they earn. They believe that that is the best they can do. That there is nothing better for them that can help them earn that kind of cash. And so, they won't choose to receive the Lord because they don't realize that the small pebble they are holding so tightly to in their hands is preventing them from opening up their hands to receive the true blessing that the Lord wants to give them. They don't see the slavery they're in. I also realized that they smoke terokal not as addicts but rather as a means to numb the pain and shame they feel.  We have insight into what the barriers are that prevent them from coming out of the darkness. We now need  wisdom from the Lord on how to overcome that. 


Your prayers are desperately needed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment