Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Oh, The Irony of It All!

I have been musing and puzzling over this one irony in my head for the past couple of weeks. Apart from moving into this neighbourhood because I felt that God wanted us (the ministry/NGO) to be here, I had been told and still am told repeatedly that there is a need here in terms of the people I want to reach. So here I am amidst all the advice and warnings of every one in the world outside of Villa Maria del Triunfo, who feared that I was on a suicide mission, moving into an area of town known for its gangs and delinquency.

I moved here on the understanding that I was moving to a hood akin to the Bronx or Queens. My friend Carolina and I have been going out almost every weekend searching for them, but to no avail at this point in time. Who is the "them" that I am referring to? The abandoned street youth, the gangs. I can't find them. I can't find a one. My neighbourhood is quiet, the people have lived here for over 20 years and everyone knows everyone. And then there is me, searching for delinquents every weekend and coming up empty handed so far. How hard is it to actually find abandoned street youth or gangs??

Apparently not that easy. I must be the only insane person who actually  goes out every weekend looking for gangs or abandoned street youth on drugs. Like one of those crazy people who chase after tornados and hurricanes. And not finding any.

So back on my knees I go, seeking God and asking Him to lead me to them and them to me. There is a need that needs to be met but somehow, the two have to cross paths and dissect along the way. And that can only be the Lord's doing, not mine. So He has to bring us to them and them to us. That simple. And I have to stop worrying about being able to find them and keep interceding and praying for our paths to cross.

Oh, the irony of it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment