Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A Word for 2011

I feel that Zechariah 4:6, 7 is key for the coming year. So many things we have done, but in our own knowledge. However, when we start to align ourselves to the Living God and walk in His Spirit and in Kingdom mentality, we are going to see things happen and doors open to us as never before. Aligning ourselves to the Living God does not come easy or cheap. It means spending time at the Father's feet, drinking deeply from His well and getting to know His heart for us. And that costs us our time and doing what we would normally do to fill our time. 


Learning to seek Him, to hear Him and just plain waiting. I know I have the hardest time waiting as I am a person who wants to get things done and in my own time and schedule, but with God, I have to always realize that His ways are not my ways and His thoughts are not my thoughts. Right now, my natural instinct is to do, to go out and evangelize, to fill the space I have here with people, to start a church, to gather people and do bible study with them. After all, that is what a missionary is supposed to do, isn't it? 


But yet, the voice of the Lord tells me to be still, to wait for His leading and to focus on one thing at a time and at this time it's to spend time in worship and intercession and to just keep looking for the abandoned street youth whom I can't seem to find. So I do that, even though in my naturalness, I want t go out there and do everything and get things done instead of sitting and waiting and plodding along. 


Not by power, not by might but by My Spirit says the Lord of Hosts, the Lord of the Army in Zechariah 4:6. So I wait on Him, on His timing, on how He wants things done and so I will rest in Him and walk by faith and not by sight. And while I am walking by faith, I will cherish the time I have now because I know when everything starts to happen, I will not have too much time to just sit and rest at His feet.


I am learning to enjoy Him in the present. And like Martha Stewart says, "It's a good thing."

No comments:

Post a Comment