Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Diamonds in the Rough....

Well, one prayer of mine got answered today. Carlos showed up after a super long absence. Almost couldn't recognize him, he is older but unfortunately not wiser. He still does drugs, just not terokal and hangs out in Chorrillos now. Some people somehow find their way into your heart without you knowing how they did it and Carlos is one of those people for me. One of the very first and I wish I had more resources then to help him when he needed it. I wonder if it would have made a difference. He is more nonchalant now, but he still recognized me. Not the same tenderhearted youth as before. I feel that I have failed him. This is one of the times I truly want to turn back the clock, knowing what I know now and how I can help him...should he want to be helped. But I can't look back. I can only look forward and trust that the Lord will and can redeem that which seems to be lost.


The women were more responsive today. We see them regularly and that makes a difference. It's harder to sow into the guys as they're more transient but with the women, we are seeing a difference. In the way they treat us and react to us, in the way they relate to us now. They are realizing that we are there to help them. VY opened up more today and talked about herself. There has been raids there every night and several of the women were arrested and taken to the police station tonight. They will be released after 3 hours but would be fingerprinted and all. VY was afraid of the raids but FR was petrified. We got to talk to VY more and she asked the Lord into her life today. FR was skittish, bolting every time she saw a cop car. I felt to pray for peace and for her to be filled with the Holy Spirit so that she wouldn't fear. I asked her if she had asked the Lord into her life. She said no. Then I asked if she wanted to invite Him into her life and be her Lord and best friend. She said yes. So we prayed. 


I am trusting the Lord to work in them and that is hard to do because I want them to right aways grow up in the faith and that takes time. One step at a time. I have to remember that Jesus loves those out there on the streets more than I do and we have to let them go into Him. I know nothing about FA except that she is probably under scrutiny. Her phone is turned off and I can't get a hold of her. P said she hasn't been around the area for days now but she doesn't know anything about her. 


I can only pray for FA and trust that God loves her way more than I do.



No comments:

Post a Comment