Total Pageviews

Monday, April 30, 2012

Picking the Caterpillars off the Seedling

Yesterday we went searching for EM on the streets and we found her. She was happy to see me as I was to see her. It had been a hard week. We had found her a possible job and she was unable to go to the interview because of feelings of unworthiness and we procured a second interview for her with the same restaurant and she was unable to overcome the accusations and the lies the enemy was telling her and didn't make the second interview either. Then she started avoiding my phone calls because she felt ashamed that she had let us down and didn't show up for her bible study session.


It was hard. I sent her text messages to let her know I didn't care about the job. I cared about her and even if she avoided me like the plague I wasn't going to give up on her as my friend and sister in Christ. Then Luchin and I felt it was best to let God work in her and for us to step out of the way for a couple of days. We prayed, others prayed and fasted. And God gave me the peace that He was in control and He was working in her heart. This past week, a friend and prophet from the US was in Lima preaching at several different churches. Luchin and I sensed that she really needed to hear him  and we planned on finding her on Saturday night to take her with us to his Saturday night meeting. 


On Saturday night we went looking for her on the streets and found her. I was afraid of her reaction, wondering if she would avoid us or be upset that we were there, but she ran straight into my arms and it was so good to know that she was as happy to see me as I was her. I asked her if she was doing anything that night (it was obvious she was working) and she said no. So I said, "Let's go!" and she had this big grin on her face and jumped into the van. She didn't even ask where or when or what. She was happy to get out of where she was. 




In the van, I laughingly asked her what had happened and why she didn't answer my calls. She said she was ashamed. We had to reassure her over and over again that she didn't have to be afraid that we would reject her. We cared about her. She didn't have to run away from us. We cared about her and wouldn't think less of her. What mattered to us was that she know who she is in Christ and learn to walk in freedom, victory and wholeness; not in fear and shame. I told her that we were going to go to a church to listen to a friend preach and we wanted her to hear him as well and that was where we were heading, was that ok with her. She had no problems with that. 


As it always is with God, the message was for her. Then the prophet prayed for and prophesied over her at the end of the service. We discussed trusting God in our lives on the way home and she demonstrated that she had indeed been listening to the preaching when she mentioned several key points from the sermon. She sat as close as she could to us, laughing and talking about God and listening to Luchin counselling her. We took her right to her house and she ran in to bring her mom out so she could introduce her to us. It was definitely a God night.


I know God has a huge plan and purpose for this beautiful courageous woman. I know she will walk in freedom, wholeness and total victory soon. It was so good to hear her laugh and know that she is loved and accepted. 


I just feel so privileged and honoured to be allowed to see how God is revealing His love and glory through her. Please pray for her, the others and for us to have wisdom and discernment and love to be able to reach them.


Your prayers are so appreciated and we are immensely grateful for them. Thank you so much for walking with us on this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment