Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Process

I'm realizing that the easy part is getting someone off the streets. The hard part is helping them win the battle in their minds. (Yes, I know Joyce Meyer's book, Battlefield of the Mind comes to mind) God opened doors for EM to have an interview at a restaurant to work as a waitress. I had gone with her to introduce her to the owners in the morning and they had asked her to come back later for an interview. I couldn't accompany her for the interview like she had wanted me to as I had another meeting elsewhere. But we prayed, she received Words of encouragement from the Bible, and I left her knowing that she was fine. 


I called her later to find out how it went. She had gone there, stood at the threshold to enter and couldn't. The enemy was hard at work throwing lies into her mind.


Luchin and I talked to the owner later that night about another interview and I went with her this morning. They could give her another one, again in the afternoon but again, she had to go by herself as I have another appointment at that hour. God really wants her to conquer this herself. 


We hung out for juice and talked. She opened up to me and shared about several things in her past confirming what God had shown me yesterday when I had asked Him about what had happened. I taught her more about biblical principals, reminded her how to combat the darts of the enemy in her mind. And kept reminding her how brave and courageous she is for taking steps  to change for the better and to follow God. She knows now what chains she has allowed to hold her back. And she also knows what she can decide to do to be free of those chains. We will keep meeting as much as we can so that her mind can be washed in the Word and that the Word will become what she walks in daily. It is a process but God is not going to let her go. He will heal her as she keeps seeking Him to be healed because He wants her to walk in freedom.


Please keep praying for her to decide constantly to walk in freedom and to keep remembering who she is in Jesus and how God sees her. 







No comments:

Post a Comment