Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Impossible is Possible with God

T'was a good day today. For the last four weeks, I have been witnessing God's miracles. First, my cousin's wife got healed of advanced bone cancer, then my husband got healed of an aneurysm and a migraine, my friend's mom got healed of kidney stones and yesterday, one of the street girls called me to let me know she was going to come to church with us today with her kids. Hallelujah! To be honest, I was kinda flatlined in dealing with the news yesterday, scared to hope too much, just praying and letting God take over. However, I passed the message on to the team to pray and intercede that nothing would stop her from coming.


This morning, Luchin and I were a little late getting out the house and I called her cell phone but she didn't answer. We were still going to go and get her, irregardless. Then as we were on the way, she called me to let me know she was already there, waiting at the place we had agreed on. Suddenly our feet had wings. We just prayed on the way there that the Word would land and grow and take root in fertile ground in her heart and that she would in turn become a huge tree that would give shelter to many. We got there and she was there with her two kids. The other girl who had said she wanted to come didn't show up. But EM was there. And to me, that was a miracle of God; that the sowing of the Word every week had brought her to this point of hunger for Him. We got to church early today on account of her. Indeed, she was already a good influence!


God had really worked all angles today. The pastor had no idea she was going to be there and that the message he had prepared was tailor made for her to a T. She was listening with rapt attention and at the end, she said the sinners prayer again. She had said it on the streets but I think today, it took on a deeper meaning for her, a wanting to really change and be a new person and not be a victim anymore. The message had been about how we can allow ourselves to be victims and stay victims forever or we can get up and keep fighting, if not with our right hands, then with our left. Whatever it was, we need to keep fighting and going ahead and not let life's hurts and wounds leave us cowering in a corner believing that we are victims. I saw her wipe away tears at the end. 


We sometimes go out to eat as a group of friends and today was one of those days. All three of them went with us and I am thankful for friends who know how to love. They just treated her normally. And it was good for her to see that her life doesn't have to be what it is now. It can be better. We asked her later what she thought of church. She said, with a big grin on her face," I wasn't expecting this, I have gone to church before and this is so different, not at all like church...I like it!" (Our church is based on the Hillsongs format of church and our pastors are Americans)


We told her on the way back that she needed to just let us know when she wanted to go again and she was always welcome. She nodded her head vigorously. We didn't have to tell her she needed to stop doing what she does on the streets. She already knows that she needs to. We see it on her face every week and she knows we want her off the streets. She now has to trust God to open up doors for her to have a real job that will support her family. As she grows in the Word and in Him, the Holy Spirit will convict her to leave what she does. 


And God willing, we will be there to help her be able to find an alternative job when she does. Your prayers are needed immensely for us to be able to help in a practical way to help them look for jobs or help them get training while still be able to earn money to support their families without having to work the streets. 


I am just in awe of how big my God is. We definitely serve a BIG GOD.









No comments:

Post a Comment