Total Pageviews

Friday, January 28, 2011

Matthew 6:26 Made Flesh

The one thing I really love about my God is how much He loves me and how He goes out to show me it even when I complain and complain about stuff. I also have not seen so much scripture revealed in flesh as in these days as I walk deeper into what He has for me. 


Today, me and a friend who is also one of the Siembra S.O.W. team went out to a really dangerous area called Ciudad de Dios where it's a battle zone of regular people and drug addicts who are as young as 11 years old. We walked around, asked questions and got a lot of information but only met one of the ones we were looking for. We did make an appointment with him to return on Saturday night so he could introduce us to the rest of the addicts. While we were walking around searching for them, something happened that I did not recognize was from God until much later when I was at church in worship.


While my friend and I were walking, a pretty blue green bird flew right into a telephone pole right in front of us and collapsed onto the ground. I picked up its poor crumpled form as it was alive but injured. A girl then ran up to us and said she would take it to her uncle's house as he has other birds to care for it. I gave it up into her care. My friend and I walked around the block and then we came across the girl at a park. She was leaving the poor injured bird on the grass in the park but when she saw us she quickly came over with the bird in her hand. She told us that the vet said that it had internal injuries and was not going to get better as it could not breathe properly and was breathing through its open mouth and  not through its beak. I took it from her and the bird was not breathing properly and it just looked like it was in shock. So I started praying healing over it and claimed Matthew 6:26 over it: Look at the birds of the air, they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your Heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?


I just said to the Lord that through this word, He obviously wants to take care of all His creatures including the birds of the air so will He please heal this bird completely and restore everything on its inside and have it breathe normally again to fly? And then I thanked Him for the healing He had done. Within a couple of minutes the bird started to breathe normally and I just stroked it gently in my hand and all of a sudden, it took flight and flew off. It was a lesson in faith for us all and my friend said, "wow, God even heals birds". 


Later tonight while at worship, the Lord revealed to me the prophetic nature of what happened. The bird represents the drug addicts whom we are to reach. They started out in life flying but somehow, in their journey, they got messed up big time by drugs (the bird flying and hitting the pole hard to fall crumpled to the ground) and someone or some people tried to help them when they were in the broken state that they were in (the girl who said she would help it) but then when they realize the extent of the injuries or the extent of the addiction and saw no hope for recovery, those people gave up and left the addicts to fend for their own (the girl leaving the bird on the grass in the park when she was told its injuries were too severe). But it is only the Word of God through a perservering spirit moved by love and faith that will transform the lives of the addicts so that they can be healed and go forward with their lives (us praying for the healing of the bird using God's Word and believing and persisting in helping even when there seemed to be no hope for it but it got healed and it did fly again!).


When I saw what it all meant, it blew my mind. It was God telling us once again that we were on the right track and to keep going and to not let the drug addicted youth go. Even when it seems impossible. Even when all around us people tell us we're crazy. There is only one thing to focus on: Yeshua or Jesus died for everyone; me, you and also for them. They're not pretty to look at, they are so messed up it shows on their faces and all over. But Jesus came to heal the sick and He doesn't care how they look. He cares so much for them that He died for them and unless we show them who He is and become His hands and feet extended and fight for them in that battle zone, they will never know that He died for them too and that they are worth more than the birds in the air. 


I claim in the name of Yeshua Hamashiach (Jesus the Messiah), that Ciudad de Dios (City of God) will truly become the City of the Living God and that those who are in it will bow down and worship the King of Kings!

1 comment:

  1. Hello! My sister Eden is a teacher at the International Christian School of Lima. She told me a little about the work that you've started doing, and I would like to hear more about it. Could you send me your email, or do you have a newsletter? My address is DaleAnnaPage@gmail.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete