Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Mr. G. P, the Elderly Lawyer

Hello? What does Siembra SOW have to do with a lawyer, and an elderly one at that? Siembra doesn't have anything to do with him. But Jesus does. A whole lot. He died for Mr. G. P. and rose again so that he may have life and life abundantly. He loves Mr. G.P. a lot, a whole lot. And Mr. G.P. needs to know that. He heard it, he received it in his head, received the Lord because he wants that and the peace that he heard that he can receive from Jesus. But, he doesn't know how to let go of his fears so he can receive the peace. 


Who is Mr. G.P? He was one of  the reasons my husband was taken ill so he could be placed in the same ward as Mr. GP's ward mate at the hospital. Reason number one: so that God can be glorified through the miraculous healing He did in my husband. Reason number two: Mr. GP. Mr. GP is so annoying he has pushed away all the people who are supposed to care for him, his son, his daughter and his wife. He buzzes the buzzer to call the nurses every 10 minutes. Even through the entire night; something my poor husband could attest to. He calls his son and daughter and wife every hour. No one visits him and when his son comes, it's to sit and read the paper after telling him to be quiet because he can't bear to argue with him.


Mr. GP is afraid of going home and being alone and possibly dying alone. He has been at the hospital for more than 15 days for hip surgery but he is fine enough to go home. He is terrified that  his son would discharge him against his will. Terrified that he has to be in a house alone. His son has said he has hired a nurse for him in the house. But he is terrified. So fearful. So lonely. He had me call his wife and daughter and neither would respond to the calls and after the second call, they turned off their phones. He reminds me of my paternal grandfather. In his fear of being alone and unloved, he pushed everyone away too. I didn't understand what caused my grandfather to be so annoying then. But I feel that God is giving me a chance to understand Mr. GP and to share with him God's love.


We have shared the gospel with Mr. GP and he has received the Lord but I haven't been able to break through his fear to help him understand God's immense love for him and what He wants him to have. I felt that I broke through a little today when I talked about how God cares about him more than the birds in the air and that God would keep taking care of him through people and would not leave him alone. He teared up. I realized then that he doesn't know what real love is.  I have the feeling that he has ordered people around when he was younger and is used to having his way because he can buy it. So, the people around him have been obligated to be with him not because of love but because of contractual obligation or other forms of obligation. And he has no idea what real love is.


My husband was discharged from the hospital this afternoon and now as it gets closer to bedtime, I can't get Mr. GP out of my mind. I keep feeling his fear, his loneliness, his desperation to not be alone and I wish I could be there to at least pray with him, to talk to him so he knows that Jesus loves him. And he doesn't need to do anything to receive His love. We need to go back to the hospital tomorrow to pick up copies of my husband's records and results and I want to go visit him again. Maybe if he is going to stay at the hospital indefinitely, I will ask if I can go visit him. But in the meantime, all I can do is pray for him. 


Please pray for him too. He needs to know that he matters. 


As a human being.


And because Jesus loves him too much to just leave him alone.


Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment