Total Pageviews

Monday, March 26, 2012

Fertile Ground

Thank you God for people who have a heart for the ones on the streets. Jorge, Elizabeth and Carmen have been God-sent. Seriously. I am so grateful to have them on the streets with me.


 As I stood waiting for Jorge and Elizabeth today, I just observed all that was going on around me and I realized that it was so incredibly noisy and chaotic out there. Just so much noise, so many people jostling one another, so many cars and vehicles all trying to go where they're not supposed to. A cacophony of sorts. I couldn't imagine actually living there everyday with the constant buzzing of people all around. So many people, yet all so lonely.


We saw HN first and Jorge called him over but he was reluctant to do so as he was drinking with his buddies and he was embarrassed to be caught. He sheepishly came over but avoided direct questions that Jorge was asking him and when HH came with his baby, E, HN saw his escape route and went for it. HH told us that J, his girlfriend, gave birth yesterday to another baby boy. At 7 months. A premie. They hadn't known she was pregnant, which scares me because she is small, and I know she drank even while she was breastfeeding E, so if she was 7 months pregnant and they didn't know it, how big is this baby and is he healthy? The hospital sent them home today and according to Henry, they're both well. 3 babies and she's only 19 years old. Oh Lord.


We asked him about LG, one of his brothers who also live on the streets. LG had received the Lord, had been pierced by the Word and had wanted to change his life around when we last saw him. I gave him a NT bible and told him to read it and not to use it for any other thing except honour it as it is the Word of God. He said he would honour it. And then we never saw him again. Which sucked, cos we wanted to know how he was doing. When I saw HH tonight, my one thought was, how is LG. So I asked. H said that LG placed himself into a rehab centre along with his other brother, Jr, about a month ago. We took down his last name so we can go visit him there. I am so incredibly happy that LG took the step to change his life. I really am hoping to visit him this Sunday.  


The police had been doing raids on where the girls are and when we went up to where they are, they were on the alert for the cop cars. EM, one of the girls on the street, had her wall up today although she said she was planning on going to church this Sunday. Please pray for that to happen. SJ hadn't been drinking today so it was good. EM from our team talked to both of them tonight. I talked to KA and she's in problems based on her decisions. I asked her if she had any friends to talk to. She said no. I asked if she would permit me to be her friend. She said I already am. So I invited her to go for coffee to talk more about what she was telling me as it was really hard because guys were trying to get her attention tonight. The good thing was, she swatted them away telling them she was in a conversation. :-) Please pray that we can go out and talk more on Thursday morning this week. 


All in all it was a good night. We are so thrilled about LG and Jr. Please pray that we get to see them and teach them more of the Word. 


Oh, and on a sidenote, we went to visit Mr. G. P at the hospital where my husband was at and gave him a bible and told him that when he got scared to read Psalms. I'm trusting the Holy Spirit to remind him. He was so sweet, telling us that we are both in his hearts. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment