Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Update on Liz

We went to the hospital today and seriously, God opened doors for us to be able to see LG. At the door to the ICU, Luchin and I were looking up her name on the list posted up and we mentioned aloud her name and a lady standing by us asked how we knew LG. We told her and she then said she is LG's aunt. God put it in her heart to trust us and she put down my name as one of the visitors for Liz today. With ICU patients, only 3 are allowed each day and there is only one hour of visitation each day. LG's husband and mother weren't going to go today so I got to be put on the list. Coincidence? No, not at all. Completely God's favor. 


I got to go in first and I had been praying for wisdom and discernment on what to say and how to pray. It was really a shock to see her. She looked so young, so vulnerable without her shield of makeup and she was naked except for an adult diaper and a light bandage covering her chest. Tubes snaked in and out of her body and she was unconscious. I told her who I was, told her that we care for her, that we are praying for her, that many people are praying for her and that she cannot give up. She had to fight to live and that she has to tell God she needs Him and that she wants to live and that she needs Him to help her. Then I prayed for her, declared life over and into her, kicked out the spirits of death and infirmity and told her to choose life, to want to live as God is the giver of life and He wants us to choose to live. I prayed like crazy and spoke words of life as much as I could before the nurse told me to go. I noticed that as I told her to not give up, to fight to live, her chest rose and fell more violently. I believe she hears, that her spirit hears and responds to the Spirit of God. It was hard to see her like this. It is hard to see any person in the fullness of life in this position. But I know that God who has never left or abandoned her before is with her. 


I am believing that she will rise out of that bed and be whole and strong. I believe because with my God all things are possible. I believe because it's not a coincidence that everything happened the way they did. I will keep vigil in prayer for LG. 


Will you help us pray for her? 


Thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment